Wedding registries have certainly changed over the years. Gone are the days of registering for every single plate, bowl, spoon, knife and fork – as so many couples already own all of these everyday items. But I believe registering is still important for one simple reason — Your guests are still going to get you gifts. And no one likes adding “make returns” to the to-do list. A wedding registry allows you to select the items you like, want or need. Here are my five must-have registry items:
1. Wine glasses. Yes, you probably already have these – but do you have complete sets of red, white and champagne stemware? If you like to entertain, you will need these. If you’re a wino, like me, you’ll use them every day.
2. The KitchenAid Stand Mixer. Isn’t she pretty? You won’t use this every day, but it’s a big-ticket item that makes a great gift now. And if you bake at all, you will use it. Plus, she makes your counters look fancy.
3. A slow cooker. They make anyone feel like a chef. We already had one, but if you don’t, add it. You won’t be disappointed. Trust me.
4. Picture frames. A friend let me in on this secret when I was registering and I think it’s genius. Pictures frames always make great gifts – and of course, you’re going to frame some wedding photographs. Remember what I said about making returns? Register for a couple nice ones – that you like.
5. A roasting pan. This is another big-ticket item that you probably don’t already have. But if you like to cook or entertain – and ever want to host a holiday meal – you’ll need one of these. Your Thanksgiving turkey will thank you.
I love to cook, entertain and decorate so I could go on and on about registry items, but I know not everyone is the same. Your registry should be a reflection of your sense of style and you as a couple. Hopefully, this gives you a place to start.