When this lady (more here) told me she needed welcome bag ideas I totally jumped at the chance to help! Being that her wedding is in Long Branch, NJ, it totally makes sense to welcome her guests with a Jersey Shore themed bag! She got my wheels turning with a couple of her own ideas – and then I just ran with it. My picks:
1. There’s always the option of a gift bag, which will definitely save you some cash – But when everyone’s being green these days, a Baggu bag is definitely a nice touch. I just about squealed when I saw Baggu made wave-print bags – Perfect! Plus they’re cheaper when you buy more – here.
2. Show your Jersey-pride and donate to a good cause with these “Restore the Shore” bracelets – here.
3. This couple already showed us their swagger in their engagement photos, so let’s let their guests in on the fun with these white sunnies. Plus, they’ll make for awesome photos on the dance floor! Can always count on Oriental Trading to buy them in bulk – here.
4. Hopefully your guests will pack their sunscreen, but people always forget about their lips! I love the idea of a sunscreen-packed lip balm for the welcome bags. You could do travel size sunscreen as well – But lip balm will cut your costs a little and give your guests a little something different! Find them on Amazon – here.
5. A trip to the Jersey Shore isn’t complete without saltwater taffy – Throw in some Shriver’s for the true taste of NJ! You can buy in bulk or in different gift options – here.
6. Last but not least, welcome your guests with a little note about the weekend! Obsessed with these vintage postcards that you can customize as well! Check them out on Zazzle – here.
I think welcome bags are such a fun way to show your guests a little more about you. Besides these themed ideas, some welcome bag staples are bottled water, granola bars, Advil, tissues and mints. Your guests will appreciate something to nurse that hangover in the morning!